Saturday, July 11, 2015

Working Out

Over the past few weeks I've been working out more. Trying to push myself to get back to my pre-Mabrey fitness levels.  I'm not overdoing it, but I find that when I get out there and get exercise in I feel better. I don't have the horrible panic attacks, I still have some anxiety, but not on the levels that I do when I don't exercise.

My only race I have on the schedule now is Chicago 26.2! That's in October.  I had planned to do several more triathlon's this summer, but after the panic attack in the water I don't want to. I haven't gotten back in the water and I'm terrified to do so. I need to get on the game with that though. I refuse to let anxiety take away what I love!!

In a couple days the IronCowboy will be in town doing his 39th Iron distance race in as many days! His goal is to do 50 Iron distances in 50 days in 50 days!! Crazy? Maybe. Inspiring? Totally!  I'm planning to run at least the 5k with him, but I would like to run more. If I can get a babysitter I might try to bike with him too but I'm not sure. I''m so excited so see history made when he completes this!!
Someday I would love to do a full Ironman.  I think that is such an awesome feat! I'd really like to do one next year since I'll be 30 next year and it'll be an awesome come back from all this crap. We'll see because it's a huge time and financial investment!

For now I'm focusing everything on Chicago though. I've been doing good with getting my runs in, but man, my pubic bone is still on FIRE by the end of my runs. So annoying!

But I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I'm just so thankful each time I complete a workout. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment