Saturday, October 10, 2015

Race Ready

The nerves have set in. 

We are less than 48 hours away from starting. 

Oh. My. Word!!!

I feel like it was ages ago that I submitted my application for the lottery. And was then accepted. 


(Jorden's nickname in his phone is hot momma for me so that's what shows up in my email! I can't figure out why!)

I deliberated for several days if I was going to do it. I was barely two weeks post pardum when I was accepted so I think I was slightly delirious when I decided to register. 


I didn't really get to start training until I was 7 weeks post pardum. And even then my runs weren't long or fast. But I got out there and did them as best as I could. 

And now here I am, bag packed and ready to go. My IT band is injected and taped. My back, hips and legs are adjusted. I got my pre race massage. And my nails are race ready. 
(Side note - I tried jam berry once before and hated them. Was convinced to try them again and again, I was not impressed. It took me longer to do my fingernails than it would have to have painted them and drawn the designs on myself! They are cute, but ugh, they don't cover my whole nail, there are bubbles etc. I'll save my money for a manicure next time)

I went to bed early. I was jittery laying down so I popped some oils in my diffuser and laid down. 
I slept so well until 2 am when some alarm started going off on Jordens phone and he couldn't figure it out. So that woke me up enough that I had to go to the bathroom. So I went to the bathroom. Laid back down and decided I should pump. Pumped. Laid back down and couldn't get comfy. And then i felt like my throat was getting sore. And since my kids and husband have been sick for two weeks I decided I wasn't going to risk it. 

So here I am, an hour away from my alarm going off drinking theives and lemon tea while watching the office. 

I'm so excited to head to Chicago and get this show on the road!! I can't believe that it's really time to go!!! 

Watch out Chicago! I'm running you whether you like it or not!!! πŸƒπŸΌπŸƒπŸΌπŸƒπŸΌ

No comments:

Post a Comment