Tuesday, October 6, 2015

TWENTY!!!

Today was my longest scheduled run before Chicago!  I'm not going to lie. I was nervous about heading out because I've been having IT band pain and I knew I would be running on some of those small rolling hills which sets off my SPD pain. 

So I set off as soon as the girls had sat down for breakfast and headed to my parents house. 

I walked up the hills to help combat the SPD pain which really threw off my average pace, but again, I'm not willing to really injure myself with Chicago being just a few weeks out! 

For the first time in my life I had to jump off the road and head into the woods...to poop!!!! Omg! I was so embarrassed!  I was SURE someone was going to be out on a Sunday morning walk and see me or something! Which is silly since I was in the boonies! 

I felt good as I was running. I had minim IT band pain but my SPD was painful. So I walked up every effing hill, and even though Michigan is flat, there are a lot of little hills!!! 

With just 4 miles left the girls and Jorden drove by me. I dumped my hydration pack with them and ran the last 4 miles with no extras which was freeing! 

I ran into my parents driveway SO stinking proud because I did it!! 


It felt so good! It took me longer than I really wanted it to, but I can't complain! 

I feel ready for Chicago. I feel like I have my hydration and nutrition down, I know what shorts and socks I'll be wearing. Now to just decide if I'm wearing my hydration belt, pack or flip belt. When I finished I felt like I could have kept going. I need to eat a bit bigger bowl of oatmeal before I head out because at mile 16 I was starving! 

Now it's time to taper!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment