Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sucky run

When you're scheduled to run 18 miles and you're a slow runner like me, you have to really schedule your time well. I was supposed to be at a 5k for support for myTeamTriumph in the morning so I decided after the 5k I would just do loops there to log my 18 miles. 

Only trouble was, the big girls were supplied to be at class so Jorden was taking them and I would be taking Mabrey with me. Which meant I had to run with her until they were done and Jorden could pick her up so I could finish out my run. 

So Mabrey and I ran 6 miles together. Then after Jorden left with her I continued on. But by mile 10 my left hip was popping and I was in so much pain. I pushed through but at 12 miles I felt like I was going to damage myself so I called it quits. 



I was so frustrated for quitting before I was truly done, but when I got home and went to climb out of the car I knew I made the right decision because my pubic symphysis was on FIRE and my left hip barely supported my weight. 

I wanted to cry. 

I immediately started questioning why I was trying to run a marathon!! Which, we all know that once you start questioning yourself it's hard to recover from that. So I came in, iced, stretched, rolled, and then climbed into bed. 

By the time I woke up for work I was feeling much better about life and about my run.

And heck yes!! I'm running a freaking marathon!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment