Monday, August 17, 2015

55 Days!!

Oh my goodness!!



55 days until Chicago Marathon!!!!


Cue the freak out!!!


My long run this weekend was supposed to be 16 miles. I work Thursday through Sunday again this weekend so I have to switch my long run to Thursday.

For longer distances I find that I do better if I run from point A to point B. If I do loops I end up screwing myself over and saying "meh, 10 is good enough... I'll do 4 tomorrow" etc etc etc

So I think I will either get up early and run from our house to my moms house (18 miles) and have Jorden bring the girls down before he goes to work and then I'll take him to work and go sleep before work. Or, I'll go down to my moms with the girls and then leave mid day to run home (again, 18 friggin miles) and sleep once I get home. 

Either way it looks like Thursday is going to be a long run.  I'm going to take it slow and steady to make sure I get the miles in, it's not a race and I need to remind myself that!! Plus, I then have to go and work 12 hours that night! 

Bring it on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment