Thursday, August 20, 2015

Stroller Running

I don't mind running short runs with the stroller. I feel like getting in 3 miles with a stroller is a good workout. The stroller adds in some resistance so it's more than just a quick 3 miles. I prefer to not do much more than 3 though since I'm a wuss.

Well, with Ryleigh doing school with my mom at her house I hate to drive the 20ish minutes to her house, drop Ryleigh off then drive back up to the gym, drop Coraline and Mabrey off at the gym nursery so I can run, then head back down to my mom's house to pick Ryleigh up, then head home again. All that driving makes me not want to run, at all!

So I talked my mom into having Coraline join Ryleigh at school today and I would take Mabrey out for a run.  I had two hours so I decided I'd run an hour out, then run back.

It was so stinkin' windy when I started but I kept going, walking up the hills mostly. At the hour mark I was only 4.5 miles out, which totally bummed me out because I felt like I had worked really hard to get to that point and I had hardly covered any ground!

I refused to look at my Garmin because I was sure that my pace was going to be atrocious.

I turned back at the hour mark and headed home.

When I got back to my moms I looked at my time....I had covered that same 4.5 miles in 41 minutes!!! Tells ya just how hard it is running into the wind with the stroller! The sun shade on the stroller just becomes a sail and makes it so hard to get anywhere!!


If I would have looked at my watch and seen how fast I was getting home I would have been smart and looped through the neighborhood a couple times to get some more mileage in! But, I didn't, so theres that.

This is officially the longest stroller run I have ever done and so I'm really proud of it! My pace may not be super speedy, but I'm okay with that! Besides, if I do training with the stroller when I run without it theoretically my pace should be much better! Theoretically...



No comments:

Post a Comment