Saturday, August 8, 2015

Scars Scream

Headed out for what was supposed to be a 12-13 mile run this morning. Everything for the first 4 miles went great!!

Headed out with a great group of runners, some of which split off to do their couch to 5k training, and the rest of us headed out for the first 6 mile loop.  I'm part of the Sunset Coast Striders which is a local running club and they.are.awesome.  Such an awesome group and I love going out with them!


We headed through Ironman Village that was being set up in preparation for tomorrow's Steelhead 70.3.  There is SO much energy in the village! It's just awesome. I can't wait to be a part of the race next year!! I so wish I would have just gone ahead and done it, but at the same time, I'm so glad that next year I'll have had enough time to train and I'll have a time I'm proud of! 

Anyway, mile 4 hit and I got a huge cramp in my right hip that cramped all the way up into my belly and side. I slowed down for a couple minutes and walked to stretch it out, started to feel a lot better and then my c-section scar started to scream at me.  It felt like it was on fire. I was in so much pain.  I wanted to keep going, but there are some times when you have to listen to your body...and today was one of those.  


So I packed up and headed home to ice my scar, totally discouraged with my 5 mile run that should have been 13, but at the same time...I'm happy with my 5 mile run because the first 4 miles were rocking! 


But on the bright side, when we got home later my new Newton's were here!! I convinced Jorden I needed new shoes so he gave me a $150 budget. I started looking online and found these on clearance and was able to get both pairs for a total of $138!! I'm super excited! I wore the purple ones around the house and they are so comfy! I can't wait to break both pairs in!!

Newton Gravity                  Newton Energy NR

 I seriously need a sponsor to fund my racing gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment