Sunday, August 30, 2015

Barron Lake Recap

Barron Lake is quite possibly one of my most favorite triathlon's that I have done! I did it last year and loved it and really debated dropping it this year. But I'm so happy I didn't drop it and went through with it! I had so much fun!


I got there first thing in the morning, earlier than necessary, but race nerves may have helped me drive a bit faster than necessary to get there! I went and picked up my packet, got marked and then set up my transition. I felt like I was missing something and set it up a couple different times but thankfully I wasn't missing anything! 

                                           

My friend and most of her whole family did the race together. It was so fun to see them all doing it together, last year was her first year and first tri and this year she brought her mom, dad, brother and sister to do it! We stood huddled together like nervous ducklings as the race director gave their informational talk. We said a quick prayer together and the OLY racers started lining up to enter the swim. 


My friends Kelly and Kati came to cheer us on! Neither of them were able to race due to not being 100% healthy so they said they would come to cheer! I told them if they came I wanted signs!! And being the BEST cheerleaders, team mates, and friends I could ask for, they came through!! Loved it!


And then it was our turn to get out in the water. It's an in water start, but it's so shallow we could walk all the way out between the second and third buoys!  I felt my nerves coming up more and more as the waves went off one by one ahead of us. I kept reminding myself that this is 200m, I can do much longer than 200m, I just need to get in and do it. 

And I did!


I felt like transition took forever, but the bike was good!  I didn't remember there being that many hills, and I haven't been on my bike since June and it showed... BIG TIME!! But I'm happy I was able to do as well as I did with zero training! 

see! I was going so fast I was a blur! 

The lack of biking showed on the run. Big time. My calves were cramping like woah. Woah woah woah! And even though it was a short and sweet run I could hardly keep moving forward!!!  But I came across the finish line with a respectable time and on my own two feet! 



And that was it! 










Comparing the last two years you can certainly see improvement, but I also see a lot of room for improvement! My friend Kim (in the jacket) took second!! in her age group, I am so proud of her! 



And just for fun... Me and Mabrey last year after Barraon Lake, and this year after Barron Lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment